Friday 28 February 2020

603 Studio Brief 4 Interim submission

The interim submission seemed to come too fast. my expectations were that i was severely behind everyone else. as this was directly before Hanbury, i assumed we'd have to have finalised pieces before focusing our energies on other things. However, when i lay all  my work out on the table for the crit, not only did i struggle to fit it all on there, i also realised how much digital work i had created at that point too. Although nothing was finalsied at all, i could see a visual consistency in my work- the ceramics and the gifs, the fabric experiments and the ink drawings all came together. It was useful to see my work in that kind of context, and lay it all out in a sort of display: to consider how it was coming together, compare pieces and see what worked and what just didn't. i know it's not about quantity over quality, but i was definitely still in the experimenting stage at that point, and to see how many disciplines i'd involved in my practice and how playful i was being at that point was validating and reassuring to myself. Plus, although i don't like showing off my work, the feedback i received was wonderful and kind from everyone so thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment